Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finally---Rhys' birthday and other misc. stuff

I finally have time to post about Rhys' birthday. Things have been so crazy around here and it seems like just non-stop. Every time I think Jared and I are going to have a quiet weekend and just spend some time with Rhys--things always come up and before you know it the weekend is over!

It started on Thursday when we had a birthday dinner for Rhys with Katrina and Marisol because they were going to be out of town on the weekend. They made sure he learned quickly how to eat his cupcake!
Then Friday we celebrated his birthday at school! Rhys loved sharing is cupcakes with all of his friends!

Here are the monkey cupcakes I tried to make for his birthday. They turned out cute but were a lot of work! Thank goodness my sister and Jennifer came over to help me out with them!







Done with the cake and ready to take on the new toys! I think he looks so grown up in this pictures. Tyler on the other hand wasn't too happy with whatever was going on!

He loved the new wagon from Jared's family. Christian loved pulling Rhys and Rhys was all about being pulled! Jared and I were just excited we didn't have to do the pulling!





After all that work it was time to cool off and drink some water! He is such a big boy.

The outdoor set Aunt Amy and Uncle Randall bought was a hit! Rhys loves putting toys in the bucket and taking them out. This week he has used the bucket as a step stool. Most importantly though, it has become a helmet. I found he playing with it the other day on his head, taking the shovel and hitting tennis balls with it and it was almost like he was playing golf! I have a genius.





As you can see Rhys was a pretty happy camper for his birthday! We were so blessed to spend it with so many friends and family. I can't believe that he is already a year old. It seems like just yesterday Jared and I were talking about getting pregnant and now we have a little boy. He doesn't even look like a baby anymore. Sigh....soon he will be talking and telling me what I need to do for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment